It’s not long to go until Christmas! And this week we are going to see who brings the presents to good boys and girls all around the world as well as to learn some other interesting facts…
WHEN SANTA JUMPS DOWN THE CHIMNEY HE IS CALLED…
Holland ~ Sint Klaas
Greek ~ Hagios Nikolaos
China ~ Shengdan Laeren
Spain ~ El Nino (baby Jesus)
France ~ Pere Noel
Sweden ~ Jultomten
Norway ~ Julenissen
Russia ~ Grandfather Frost or Baboushka
Italy ~ Babbo Natale or La Befana
Netherlands ~ Kerstman
Switzerland ~ Kris Kringle
Morocco ~ Black Peter
DID YOU KNOW?
- There has never been a Christmas celebrated or mentioned in the Tribe. No presents, no Santa, no mistletoe and no turkey.
- Saint Nicolas was born in Turkey in 280AD.
- A store in Philadelphia was the first to display a life size model of Santa in 1841.
- Eskimos celebrate a feast in December called Sinck Tuck with parties, dancing and gifts.
- John Calcott Horsley was the first person to make Christmas cards in the late 1830’s.
- Trees were originally decorated to ward off evil spirits.
- Christmas trees became popular once Queen Victoria and Prince Albert were first photographed with their Christmas tree in Englan